(1 Day Training Course)
Practical aspects of uranium mining and processing
Providing a concise overview of the specific unit processes associated with uranium processing, topics include geology and ore genesis, mining considerations, mineralogy and processing, oHs issues, the regulatory environment and case studies are discussed. for anyone interested in the industry and assumes no prior knowledge, suited for support industries and financial investors who require fundamental understanding of the industry.
Key Learning Outcomes:
There are many benefits of attending this course. Throughout the course, participants will improve their knowledge in the following areas:
- Understand the economics and future trends of the uranium industry.
- Understand the igneous, sedimentary and metamorphic environment in which economic uranium concentration can occur.
- Understand radiation principles and its application to exploration and OH&S issues.
- Be conversant with mining techniques and issues as it applies to uranium, including the unique ISL technique.
- Know the important uranium minerals and the substantial impact mineralogy has on economic and process viability.
- Be able to describe all stages of mineral processing, from primary crushing to the production of yellowcake.
- Be aware of the special OH&S issues (radiation) related to uranium mining, processing and transportation.
- Be aware of the numerous and strict regulatory guidelines in place with respect
(Subject to change & customisation for your requirements)
- Uranium geology and ore genesis
- Uranium mining considerations
- Uranium mineralogy and processing
- OH&S issues
- The regulatory environment
- Case studies
Who Should Attend?
This course are designed to suit anyone seeking key knowledge of the uranium sector. This includes new employees or those seeking to enter the industry, mid level employees that require additional information, and executives who need an overview of the industry.
Also suited to:
- Mining personnel
- Project managers
- Senior mine staff
- Plant operating staff
- Training providers
- Suppliers to the resource industry
- Accountants, brokers & investors
- Administration staff
For a brochure, further information on this course or to register please contact our training department on +61 8 9421 9000 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org